Strider PREbike Balance Running Bike (Yellow)
If your toddler can walk, your toddler can ride a Strider Sports PREbike. The Strider Sports PREbike teaches your child balance and coordination, developing glittering confidence.Trikes and bikes with training wheels simply can’t do this.Traditional bicycles place too much focus on learning to pedal – skimping on developing your child’s motor skills. And these bikes
If your toddler can walk, your toddler can ride a Strider Sports PREbike. The Strider Sports PREbike teaches your child balance and coordination, developing glittering confidence.Trikes and bikes with training wheels simply can’t do this.Traditional bicycles place too much focus on learning to pedal – skimping on developing your child’s motor skills. And these bikes are heavy, clunky and difficult for toddlers to control. The Strider Sports PREbikeTM is the natural progression from a ride-on or push toy.Yes, bike riding becomes a easy and fun when you teach your child balance and coordination before pedaling. With NO pedals and NO training wheels, your toddler powers the Strider Sports PREbikeTM using their feet safely on the ground; allowing them to learn to balance a bike at their own pace. So ditch the tricycle and training wheels, and teach your child to ride a bike sooner and safer with a Strider Sports PREbike.The Strider PREbike balance running bike takes pedaling out of the mix of biking so that kids can concentrate solely on learning two-wheel balance. Unlike tricycles and bikes with training wheels, the Strider allows children to find the glide and balance of biking first–so that they have more confidence when presented with a pedaled bike.
Using the Strider PREbike allows children to benefit from the two wheeled bike experience independently and at their own pace. Tricycles tip over, scrape ankles, and are difficult to pedal. Bicycles with training wheels are tall, heavy, and can be unstable for young riders. The Strider PREbike is about 1/3 the weight of a typical 12-inch bike with training wheels, and is free from any cables, chains, sprockets, pedals or protrusions that can harm your child. Kids begin by straddling the bike, leaning on the handle bars and walking it forward. When they are ready kids can run the bike forward, gaining the speed and momentum required for balance. Finally, kids lift their feet and glide freely. At the first feeling of instability, your child will instinctively place both feet securely on the ground–so there are no “tricycle tip-overs” or “training-wheel wobbles” that stir-up a fear, hesitancy, or dislike of bike riding.
Unlike other balance bikes, the Strider PREbike has an adjustable design that will grow with your child. Both the handlebar and the seat are adjustable on the bike, accommodating kids from 30 to 44 inches tall. The bike’s adjustable seat height starts at 11 inches from the ground providing a low center of gravity so that children as young as one year old can maneuver the bike and have fun learning balance. Control is further enhanced with a low and flat handlebar design so that kids can reach forward rather than up, for better leverage and maneuverability. And, as your child becomes more confident, the Strider’s integrated foot rests provide a place for both feet to sit while they coast along.
Built to travel with your child wherever she or he deems appropriate, the Strider PREbike is outfitted with large, puncture-proof all-terrain tires that roll well over grass, gravel, dirt, and bumps in the sidewalk. These one-piece molded wheels don’t have spokes that can catch clothing or sticks, and better yet, will not require frequent filling. Meanwhile, the handlebar padding takes the jolt out when kids ride over bumps. Finally, quick-clamps on the seat and handlebar allow for easy, no-tool assembly and adjustment of the bike as your child grows.
A Bike Fit Just for Toddlers:
- Smaller diameter Mini-Grip Handlebar and Mini-Handgrips to fit a toddler�s small hands.
- Strider Handlebar Pad for added protection and motocross styling.
- Strider Mini-Saddle on 220-millimeter Seatpost. Smaller, narrower and lighter than a typical saddle to better fit a toddler�s tiny hip spacing.
- Strider Quick-Clamps on Seat and Handlebar for easy, no-tool assembly and adjustment.
- Patented Strider Launchpad Footrests are integrated into frame and positioned to allow development of advanced riding skills.
- Ultralight One-Piece Molded Wheel with proven no-flat EVA Polymer tire.
- Weight: Less than 7 pounds
- Sizing: Adjustable handlebar and seat height to fit riders from 30 to 44 inches tall
- Saddle height: adjusts from 11 to 16 inches from ground
- Optional Extra-Long Seatpost with Saddle is recommended for children 4 years and older (adjusts from 14 to 19 inches from the ground)
- Tires: Puncture-proof all-terrain tires with sealed bearings and 5/16-inch steel axles.
- Construction: Durable welded steel frame and handlebars
- Warranty: 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects
- Pedal-less balance bike with lightweight and durable steel frame and puncture-proof all-terrain tires
- Teaches balance and coordination while developing confidence for pedal biking
- Launch Pad footrests for gliding and learning advanced riding skills
- Adjustable handlebar and seat height to fit riders from 30 to 44 inches tall
- Designed for children ages 1 to 5; 1-year warranty